A translation of the “100 Comments” left by voice actors and staff members for animation and music production from Digimon Adventure, Adventure 02, Tamers, and Frontier, which were included in a booklet from the DiGiMONMUSiC 100 Title Commemoration Release: We Love DiGiMONMUSiC (デジモンミュージック100タイトル記念作品 We Love DiGiMONMUSIC) album collection, originally released December 25, 2002. This also includes the addendum comment left by music producer Shintarou Matsui in the December 25, 2013 rerelease.
With the exception of Producer Matsui’s comments, the original booklets organized all of the commenters by name in gojuuon order. For the sake of easier reading for English speakers, I’ve reorganized the comments in English alphabetical order by surname (or, in the case of pseudonyms without surnames, by pseudonym), and have split the list into portions.
Note that some names have never had official readings provided, so in such cases I made my best guess at how their names are read.
(A-I | K-M | N-S | T-W | Shintarou Matsui’s comments)
Continue reading “We Love DiGiMONMUSiC Memorial Booklet comments (N-S)” →
(Animation Play Back!! | Kizuna staff and cast comments)
The official DigiFes 2019 event (held at the Maihama Amphitheater on July 28, 2019) had a “20th Anniversary Memorial Pamphlet” sold on-site. The first section, “Animation Play Back!!”, contained comments from staff for all of the Digimon animated series released to date:
Continue reading “DigiFes 2019 20th Anniversary Memorial Pamphlet — Animation Play Back!!” →
- Digimon Adventure: Hiromi Seki (producer) and Hiroyuki Kakudou (series director)
- Digimon Adventure 02: Hiromi Seki (producer) and Hiroyuki Kakudou (series director)
- Digimon Tamers: Hiromi Seki (producer) and Yukio Kaizawa (series director)
- Digimon Frontier: Hiromi Seki (producer) and Yukio Kaizawa (series director)
- Digimon Savers: Atsutoshi Umezawa (producer), Hiroaki Shibata (producer), and Naoyuki Itou (series director)
- Digimon Xros Wars: Hiroyuki Sakurada (producer), Tetsuya Endou (series director), and Yukio Kaizawa (series director)
- Digimon Universe App Monsters: Daichi Nagatomi (producer) and Gou Koga (series director)
- Digimon Adventure tri.: Yousuke Kinoshita (producer) and Keitarou Motonaga (director)
(Original title: “Digimon Adventure: — The Meaning of Broadcasting Again on Sunday Mornings, the Appearance of Omegamon, and OP Production…The Production Team Discusses “The Weight of 20 Years” and Their Aims for a New Work”)
A translation of this WHAT’s IN? tokyo interview from August 15, 2020, with Digimon Adventure: producer Hiroyuki Sakurada and director Masato Mitsuka.
Continue reading “WHAT’s IN? tokyo interview with Hiroyuki Sakurada and Masato Mitsuka on Digimon Adventure:” →