A collection of translations for the “Conversations for Here Only” bonus tracks from the Digimon Adventure 02 Best Partner -Kizuna- character song album series.
- Daisuke Motomiya & V-mon’s Conversation for Here Only
- Ken Ichijouji & Wormmon’s Conversation for Here Only
- Miyako Inoue & Hawkmon’s Conversation for Here Only
- Iori Hida & Armadimon’s Conversation for Here Only
- Takeru Takaishi & Patamon’s Conversation for Here Only
- Hikari Yagami & Tailmon’s Conversation for Here Only
Daisuke Motomiya & V-mon’s Conversation for Here Only
V-mon: Daisuke! You’ve got this “hmmmm” look on your face, are you having trouble?
Daisuke: Aaaargh…V-mon, look at this soup stock, whaddya think it’s missing?
V-mon: What it’s missing is spirit, right? After all, you’re gonna be…the man who makes the tastiest noodles in the world!…right?
Daisuke: Yeah, you’re right…It’s spirit, yeah! Heehee. Thanks, V-mon.
Ken Ichijouji & Wormmon’s Conversation for Here Only
Wormmon: Ken-chan, you ended up sleeping in yesterday! You don’t do that often.
Ken: Sorry, Wormmon. And you even woke me up on time, too…
Wormmon: Hahaha. You jumped off the bed all flustered. Aren’t you tired?
Ken: Yeah…(laughs) Let’s relax together for today.
Miyako Inoue & Hawkmon’s Conversation for Here Only
Miyako: Hawkmon, what should we eat today? Kinda starting to miss Japanese food, huh?
Hawkmon: Miyako-san…could you be homesick? Might there be someone you miss…?
Miyako: N-No! I just said, I miss Japanese food! If you say weird things like that, I won’t be giving you any kanpyoumaki1!
Hawkmon: I…! I won’t say anything!! Well, then, let’s go make some kanpyoumaki together!
Iori Hida & Armadimon’s Conversation for Here Only
Iori: Th…This is delish.2
Armadimon: Whoa! Iori just said “delish”, dagya! Looks like my words are rubbin’ off on ya sometimes, dagya.
Iori: I’m sorry, Armadimon. It happened to unconsciously come out of my mouth…Well, we’ve been together for this long. It might have accidentally come out.
Armadimon: Ohohoho. It’s not somethin’ ya gotta apologize for, dagya! Ya should say it more often, dagya! And when it’s more delish than delish, you put “real”3 before the “delish”! Ha ha ha. Makes me kinda happy, dagya!
Takeru Takaishi & Patamon’s Conversation for Here Only
Patamon: Haaaaaaah…I’m so full…
Takeru: Ah, Patamon, are you about to sleep on my head again?
Patamon: My special attack is eating delicious sweets, clinging to my beloved Takeru, and sleeping!
Takeru: Well, whatever. In that case, that makes me want to take you to all kinds of shops with delicious things.
Hikari Yagami & Tailmon’s Conversation for Here Only
Hikari: All right. That’s all for today’s practice. Sorry to keep you waiting, Tailmon.
Tailmon: You’ve been working so hard at piano practice lately.
Hikari: Sorry. I always make you come along with me…
Tailmon: It’s for the sake of your future, Hikari. I’ll sing with you however much you like.
- Kanpyoumaki = A makizushi (sushi roll) made with kanpyou dried gourd. It is a personal favorite of Poromon/Hawkmon in the original Japanese version of Adventure 02 (among other kinds of Japanese food).
- Iori momentarily slips into Armadimon’s Nagoya dialect, using the word “umyaa” to refer to “delicious” instead of the standard Japanese “umai” or “oishii“.
- “Doeryaa” is an amplifier word in Nagoya dialect, which would be something like totemo or sugoku in standard Japanese.